Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso

A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: A Shimmer of Angels
Author: Lisa M. Basso
Series: Angel Sight #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook

GoodReads Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?
I requested this book on NetGalley but was initially a little unsure about it. I'm not big on the whole "angel" thing (with the exception of Hush, Hush) but I decided to give it a try anyway. I have to say that I'm really glad that I did because I actually really enjoyed A Shimmer of Angels.

I really liked the storyline and the characters (Kade = yum) but the leading female did get on my nerves a few times. Obviously not enough to deter me from the rest of the book, but something that did stick out to me.

I might have to rethink my stance on angel books because I really enjoyed this one a lot and definitely plan on reading the next in the series.

Favorite Character: Kade
Rating: 3 Moons.
 photo blue3.png
*This book was provided for free by the publishers for review.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment