Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Version Reviewed: Finished, hardback.

GoodReads Summary:
Katniss is the spark to a revolution, and the Capitol wants revenge. She won the Hunger Games and returns alive with District 12 Tribute partner Peeta. But he and longtime friend Gale both reject her. On their Victory Tour of all the districts, locals riot but the winning duo must appear lost in their love.
Just as its predecessor, Catching Fire did not disappoint in any shape or form. I think I have found a new series to love and drool over.

I loved how this novel kicks off so easily. The story and the characters are just as, if not easier, to get into than in The Hunger Games. You find yourself immersed in this crazy world and, as a reader, you don't want to get out. After each chapter I finish, I just want to keep reading and it's like my brain is nagging at me until I open up and continue to read on.

This book has some serious heart wrenching moments that almost made me cry. There is a little more romance to this story that the last, actually quite a bit more, but it works for the story line so well, that it's not an issue. Suzanne Collins has done an amazing job at writing a series of novels that you just cannot figure out. I've read some other reviews about how the reader thought certain things were going to happen, and those things seemed likely. But alas, those things did not come to pass. I love that about these books. You never know what's going to happen until you read on.

There's just something about this book, about the entire series that keeps you reading. Everyone should read The Hunger Games...and then re-read them.


Favorite Character:
Rating: 5 Stars.
 photo blue5.png
*This book was borrowed from a friend.

 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment