Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Elixir by Hilary Duff

Elixir (Elixir, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Elixir
Author: Hilary Duff
Series: Elixir #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, paperback

GoodReads Summary:
Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange andbeautiful man—a man she has never seen before.
When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.
This book has gotten a lot of praise since it was released and I'll be completely honest, I was shocked when I first saw it. I had no idea that Hilary Duff had written a work of fiction. I was immediately skeptical, not because she, in particular, wrote it, but because it was written by a celebrity. I wondered, as with all books written by celebrities, about how much of the praise was in direct response to the actual quality of the book and how much had to do with the face that the author was already famous and had a substantially large fan base.

I was shocked to discover that I was sucked into the book as soon as I began reading it. It was very well written and the characters were believable and easy to relate to. I fell in love with the story and finished the book very quickly. There was action, romance, paranormal qualities, and a lot of other stuff to keep you entertained. I definitely plan to read the next in the series,Devoted, and hope I enjoy it just as much.



Characters: Sage.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*This book was gifted to me through RAK.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment