Friday, September 13, 2013

Review: Falling In Between by Devon Ashley

Falling in Between (Falling, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads
Title: Falling In Between
Author: Devon Ashley
Series: Falling #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, Paperback

GoodReads Summary:
Finally! A private conversation. And all I had to do was throw myself off a cliff, drown in a pond in my undies and let him put his hands on my breasts to bring me back to life. Yay me! (yeah, that’s sarcasm)

Yep, that pretty much sums up the most craptastic night of Jenna Baker’s life. She drowns after jumping off a cliff, meets a hotty named Chance in the pearlescent in-between and is brought back to life by her soon-to-be boyfriend Robert.
Just when things start to move forward with Robert, the guy she'd been crushing on for a year now, in walks the man of her dreams – literally. Chance suddenly appears in her dream every time she closes her eyes. So it's Robert by day and Chance by night. One in the real world and one in the dream world. What could possibly go wrong?
Absolutely nothing – until she comes face to face with the guy she met in the in-between, and realizes her romantic rendezvous with Chance may be more than just her imagination.
Honestly, I wasn't sure about Falling In Between when I first began reading it. There were a few things that I was a little uneasy about but I didn't let those things throw me because I was reading an ARC (advanced reader copy). Those few little things weren't big enough to take away from the story anyhow, so they are not to be dwelled upon.

The storyline was really good and I found myself not knowing what was going to happen next. One thing future readers should be aware of is that a lot of this book centers around the characters and their sexual experiences with one another. There are quite a few heated moments, so if you tend to shy away from that sort of content, I do not recommend this book. I, personally, found it realistic. Teenagers are more sexual than a lot of books give on about. I'm not saying I liked how much it centered around sex, but I did think it was more realistic in the ways of teens today.



Characters: Robert.
Rating: 3 Stars.
 photo blue3.png
*This book was provided for free by the author for review.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment