Friday, October 4, 2013

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

13183957
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Shadows
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux 0.5
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook.

GoodReads Summary:
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.
Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.
Captivated. Lured. Loved.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
Okay, let me start off by saying that I have not read Obsidian and that this is also the very first book I have ever read by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  Therefore... Oh my God!  The ending of this killed me. I understand that it had to happen the way it happened for reasons that I will learn later but that doesn't make it any less horrible. (Horrible in that it made me sad, not in the way it was written).

I admit that at first, Shadows had quite a lot of parts that made me think of Twilight but after I got passed those parts the story became completely it's own and I was engrossed in it 100%. So far, I can understand what all the fuss is about.  It's well written, the characters are great and I haven't seen too many alien books out there. I can easily say that this is the very first alien book that I have ever read. Actually, that's a lie.  It's the second, The Host being number one.

I'm falling in love with the Lux series and I can't wait to continue with the rest of the books!


Memorable Quotes:
"But he was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs." -Kindle Location 765.
Favorite Character: Dawson & Daemon.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*I bought this book with my own money.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment