Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: My Alien Parents by R.L. Stine

My Alien Parents
Cover Source: GoodReads
Title: My Alien Parents
Author: R.L. Stine
Series:
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback
Website: www.rlstine.com

GoodReads Summary:
I thought I knew everything there was to know about my parents, like what they always eat for breakfast. Then one morning, everything changes. Mom suddenly hates tea and loves cornflakes and Dad's scarfing down poached eggs like there's no tomorrow ? which, by the way, there may not be unless I can figure out what's gone wrong. Can it really be that Mom and Dad have been replaced by aliens from another world? And what the heck happened to our dog?

I absolutely love R.L. Stine. I always have. And even his short little kids books are not disappointing in my opinion.

I was excited when I pulled this book out of a box of what seemed like a million books that we had stored in our shed. I had no idea that it was there, but apparently my husband had been holding out on me.

This book reminded of Invasion of The Body Snatchers, if there were a kids version. And as it seemed, there was even a reference to the movie in My Alien Parents.

It was a very short book, but it still had the classic R.L. Stine twist at the end that you weren't expecting. Very reminiscent of the Goosebumps series.

I loved it!


Favorite Character:
Rating: 3 Stars.
 photo blue3.png
*Found it in my husband's stash of books.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment