Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review: Stray by Rachel Vincent

Stray (Shifters, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads
Title: Stray
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback.
Website: www.rachelvincent.com
*I borrowed this book from a friend.

GoodReads Summary:
There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . .
And I'm one of them.
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .
Before finding this book, the only Rachel Vincent books I had known of were the Soul Searchers. When I discovered this series, I couldn't wait to read it. Of course, life and other books got in the way and everyone else finished the series before I could even get started on the first.

Now that I have read and finished Stray, I intend to finish the entire series as soon as possible. I began reading this book while in the grips of a reading slump, but the well written plot and characters had me hooked in no time.

I loved everything about this book and really had no complaints. I definitely plan to check out more Rachel Vincent books in the future.


Favorite Character: Marc and Faythe.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I have had this book in my TBR list for forever and a few months ago I bought it too but unfortunately haven't had the chance to read it. It looks like I am missing out. I plan to remedy it as soon as I can !

    - Gayatri @ Drooling Over Book Covers

    ReplyDelete