Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask




I love face masks and things of that nature and I've always had trouble with my face so I'm always looking for new products to use. It's safe to say that I was pretty freaking excited to get this product.

Click to Enlarge
At first glance, it seems really thin and liquidy.  Considering it's a clay mask, I assumed it was going to be a bit thicker, but really that isn't a big deal.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't have a strong odor and the application process was really quick and easy.

And then it started to dry.  I don't know about anyone else, but to me it seemed to dry really fast. I kept it on for the recommended time of ten minutes and, honestly, I was really uncomfortable the entire time.  I should have removed it sooner, but I wanted to wait it out.

On the back of the product, it says to remove with tissues and, had I attempted to do it that way, I don't think it would have been an easy task. I took it off with a wet washcloth and still had a hard time.

It only got worse from there. After I completely removed it (keep in mind that I did not scrub my face. I wiped gently with the cloth) my face was really red and felt extremely irritated. I decided right then and there that I would never use this product again.



My face was so dry and itchy that I immediately applied lotion and went back about fifteen minutes later to reapply.  For the rest of the night my face was red, irritated, itchy and hot to the touch.

In my honest opinion, this is still a pretty cool product.  I can't blame it for what happened because I really believe that I had an allergic reaction to it. It just really took me by surprise because that rarely, almost never, happens.

I did pass this product along to a friend and I'm happy to say that she did enjoy it and that her experience with the Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask was a positive one.






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment