Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review: Tempted by P.C. & Kristin Cast

6377359
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Tempted
Author: P.C. & Kristin Cast
Series: House of Night #6
Version Reviewed: Finished, Hardback
*I borrowed this book from a friend.


GoodReads Summary:
So...you'd think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark's life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite's visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn't go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?

Review:
First, I want to say that I absolutely love the cover art of this novel. Isn't it beautifully haunting? I'm in love with it and honestly kind of wish I had a poster for my wall. Haha.
I liked Tempted very much. There wasn't much of anything in this novel that annoyed me like the previous books in the series. The childish language is still there, but no where near as much, and definitely not as annoying. I always keep a sheet of notebook paper tucked right inside the front cover of the book I'm planning on reviewing for notes and with this book, there was not one bad thing written down. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this book is perfect. It definitely isn't. But it was a very good book and kept you interested very well. It seemed like the majority of the book, minus the end, was mostly just filler, but that doesn't make it bad. As of now, I think I consider this highly one of the best in the series. There wasn't much action until the end, but it was still enjoyable. 
Tempted was a little different than the previous books in the House of Night series. This novel was written in different points of views, instead of just through Zoey's eyes. I actually liked this very, very much. Normally I don't like it when authors switch back and forth between character POV's, but it works for some books/series and makes them better. This was definitely one of those. It was a refreshing change from the norm in the House of Night world. We got to experience other characters on a more genuine, personal level and read and understand exactly how they were feeling about certain situations and people. 
With the romantic whirlwind that has followed these books, I have to say that finally, it was settled a little in this book. The boyfriend issues were not such a big deal as with previous novels, and there were some seriously sweet moments that made your heart just want to scream. You just wanted the characters to forget about all the crap that is going on in the outside world and just finally be with each other. 
As I previously stated, this book is different in the POV aspect. In doing this, it shows you exactly how bold and stupid some of the characters are and how many lies and deceptions are taking place. I was very curious as to how some of these hidden intentions were going to pan out and then again, some of these situations honestly make me want to slap the characters and straighten them up. 
With the characters themselves, I have to admit that Stark really stuck out to me, and I have come to the conclusion that I am officially Team Stark. And I'm speaking of everything surrounding Stark in general. He is definitely my favorite character in this series of novels. I am very drawn to Stevie Rae though and how she handles things. I also have to admit that I am thoroughly enjoying her "Okie" accent and quirky comparisons.
I enjoyed the entire novel, but like I said before, not a lot of action-y type things happen until the end of the novel. The last chapter (not the epilogue) honestly had my mind screaming "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!". I was in total shock and could not believe what had just happened. I did not see the ending coming or even expect it in the least little bit. I actually had to re-read it. I was very, very impressed. 

Favorite Character:
Memorable Quotes:
"Sure, and then Z would freak out like a long-tailed cat in a room filled with rockin' chairs."
"Hold to the truth, U-we-tsi-a-ge-ya. Do not ever forget, as our people have always known, there is a deep power in words that speak the truth."
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png











post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment