Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Last Song
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Series:
Version Reviewed: Finished, Hardback
Website: www.nicholassparks.com
*I borrowed this book from the library.


GoodReads Summary:
Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him.
Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.
Review:
Oh, this book. What can I say about it? I don’t know. Except, damn you Nicholas Sparks! But in a good way. Sparks is an author that always makes me cry, and yet I continue to go back to him. Even through the tears and anger, he makes me laugh nand he makes me fall in love.

The Last Song is an amazing book. It’s well written and the story and characters are amazing. The only bad thoughts I had about it (and trust me, there were very few), didn’t matter so much when I continued to read.

I saw the movie a while back when it first came out and I have no qualms about which was better. In my eyes, they were both heart breaking and beautiful.

I loved this book and I recommend Nicholas Sparks to anyone that doesn’t mind shedding a tear over the beauty of real life.

Favorite Character: 
Ronnie, Will & Jonah.

Rating:
4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png

 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment