Friday, October 17, 2014

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
Website: www.jenniferarmentrout.com
*I bought this book with my own money.


GoodReads Summary:
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Review:
It took me freakin' FOREVER to read this book. Between NaNoWriMo, Thanksgiving, moving and my husband having to go away for about a month and a half total, I almost never had time to read. And God did I miss it. As soon as I found a chance (and decided to give Doctor Who a break) I jumped straight back into it and was instantly hooked.

My original plan was to read something else.  But after the way Opal ended there's no way in hell I could do that.  I absolutely could not believe what happened at the end of this book and I'm going straight into Origin right after I finish writing this.

The characters, as always, were amazing and easy to fall in love with. Blake pissed me off, Dee broke my heart and Daemon and Katy made me swoon. And finally, FINALLY, they got some yummy scenes. The wait had been driving me nuts.

Speaking of Daemon, we got to see a completely different side to him in Opal. He let the sweet out.  Of course he was still the snarky, arrogant Daemon that we love but we finally got to see more of his heart.

I loved this book and I'm absolutely dying to see what happens in Origin. Plus, Daemon's point of view.  Yay!

Favorite Character:
Daemon & Katy.

Rating:
4 Stars
 photo blue4.png

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment