Thursday, August 20, 2015

Review: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #2
Version Reviewed: Finished, Hardback
*This book was given to me by a family member.*

GoodReads Summary:
All Harry Potter wants is to get away from the Dursleys and go back to Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby - who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.
And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockheart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.
But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone--or something--starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects... Harry Potter himself.
Review:
So, so, so, so excited to be going through these books again.  I am super happy to be reading these to my daughter and experience them with her and my husband.  The last time I read the books was when I was in high school and I have intended to reread them ever since but, for one reason or another, have not.

Harry Potter for me is, in most cases, one of those series that completely blows me away by making me love each new book in the series even more so than the last.  (With the exception of Goblet of Fire because it's my favorite of the entire series). Chamber of Secrets definitely doesn't disappoint and sets the standards a little higher for Harry and his crew.

Chamber of Secrets is full of magic and adventure.  We get to meet some entirely new characters such as Dobby, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle and the second of many Defense Against The Dark Arts professors, Gilderoy Lockhart. We also get to learn a little bit more about some of our already beloved (and not so beloved) characters like Hagrid, Ginny, Harry, the Weasleys and Lord Voldemort.

With each book that passes, the danger grows stronger and things get a bit more serious than before.  Each book is a page turner.  Literally, every single page keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes you eager to find out what happens next.

I love Harry Potter so much and I cannot wait to dig into the rest of the series.  It's like I'm reading them again for the first time and I can't get enough!

Rating: 5 Stars.
Character: Ron, Hermione, Snape.

No comments:

Post a Comment