Thursday, August 13, 2015

Review: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback
Website: www.jkrowling.com
*This book was a gift from a family member.*


GoodReads Summary:
Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.


Review:
I don't even know where to begin with this book. Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life since I was eleven and I never get tired of Hogwarts and The Boy Who Lived.

It had been a long time since my husband or I had read the books so we decided to read the series to our daughter at bedtime. I wish we had decided to do it sooner because as soon as I began reading, I instantly fell back into the wizarding world. Rereading the books just makes me love the series five million times more and transports me back to when I was reading them as a child for the first time.

I cannot even express how excited I am to introduce my daughter to Harry Potter.  She's a little too young to understand or appreciate the properly right now, but I know that, in the future, she will appreciate them just as much as we do.

J.K. Rowling is an amazing woman that created something so amazing and unique. There will always be a spot in my soul for Harry, Ron and Hermione. I can't get enough of them and I"m actually a little sad when my daughter falls asleep before we get to read at night.

I'm so excited to be reliving my Hogwarts days again and I don't ever want to imagine a world without Harry Potter.

Rating: 5 Stars.
Character: Hermione


No comments:

Post a Comment