Monday, September 7, 2015

The Write Space with Darcus Murray

Click here to check out all the other entries in The Write Space!
Hi, everyone!  I'm happy to welcome you to the very first post in my new series, The Write Space. This will be a series of guest posts by authors and bloggers showing off their writing spaces, desks and offices.  I'm so excited for this new feature and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

Since this is the very first post, I figured why not start off here at home? You guys see my posts, reviews, the blog, but you never get to see where I do my work! So let's kick off The Write Space by showing you my space!


The Write Space with blogger Darcus Murray
I am insanely excited to share my desk and mini office area with you guys today!  Having a desk/office has always been super important to me but until now, it hasn't been possible to have an area all to myself away from the living room and out of public view.   I still don't technically have the space to myself because it is in my bedroom but it's in it's own little nook away from the bed and everything and I am absolutely in love with it.
I will admit that I am one of those people that keeps a messy desk. And when I say messy desk, I mean an area not even remotely organized where I throw the things that don't have anywhere else to go. It always ends up piled up with papers and random books and pens and random crap and junk to the point that I couldn't get my computer on it if I tried. But no more!  I finally got my desk perfectly organized and I have no plans to backslide into a disorganized junk landfill.

So let's start with the top. In the photo at the top of this post you see the very top of my desk where I have stacks of TBR books and some random knick knacks and momentos. The three figures are Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series, the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. There are two ceramic owls, both given to me by my grandmother, one of which is stuffed full of pens. I also have a pinecone candle and a tin full of costume jewelry also given to me by my grandmother.  On top of the jewelry tin is a tart burner that was given to me for Christmas in 2008 by my late uncle. Inside the tart burner is Butterscotch Maple Cream and Vanilla Cookie Crunch. Yum! I also have some awesome bookmarks that I bought and a post card of New Orleans gifted to me by my beautifully talented author friend, and New Orleans native, Annie Rose Welch. Above this area is a blank wall outlined in lights where I will be starting a photo collage of some of my favorite moments.
Lower down you'll find my computer and printer, framed by shelves.  In the shelves you'll find random objects such as journals, a Mardi Gras cup full of momentos, Post-It notes, my jar of ARCs, journals, business cards and other random stationery. I also keep a bottle of lotion by my computer as well as my favorite perfume (Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel). There is a pull out drawer on the bottom of the desk full of envelopes and bubble mailers but I have yet to get that organized.

My chair has been pulled from my dining room as I have yet to purchase a desk chair and the mexican throw blanket on the back was purchased on a family camping trip. Super warm and super cozy.

Next to my desk is another patch of almost empty wall.  There are two lists hanging there (R.L. Stine books and Anne Rice books. I collect both) and I plan on framing and hanging the book posters from my favorite books, my future books, and covers of books written by my friends.

Across from my desk is a messy and wonderfully untidy bookshelf that is in desperate need of being repainted. But... I'll tackle that on a different day.  :D

Sharing my space with you guys has been wonderfully awesome and I've enjoyed giving you a little glimpse inside my office space.  Have any questions or curious about something?  Just ask me in the comments below!

---


I know there's a page on this blog that's all about me and Rainy Days and Pajamas but when authors and bloggers do a post for The Write Space, I will share a little bit about them here.  So, instead of doing a full on bio for myself, I'll just share ten random little facts about myself!
  1. My birthday is on Halloween.
  2. Pasta is my favorite type of food.
  3. My favorite fast food restaurant is Taco Bell, sit down restaurant is Panera Bread.
  4. I prefer cheap white wines over red.
  5. I am currently writing a novel.
  6. My go-to drinks at Starbucks (when it's not PSL season) are Caramel Frappuccino, Iced Caramel Macchiato, and Mocha Latte. All soy, no whip because I'm lactose intolerant.
  7. I'm super into photography and always have been. It's my third biggest passion (#1 Reading, #2 Writing).
  8. I read every single night before I go to bed.
  9. I didn't go into the ocean more than ankle deep until this summer because I was always afraid of being stung by a jellyfish.
  10. I have my ears gauged, my nose pierced and seven tattoos.  I used to have my tongue, septum, and bellybutton pierced also.

---
If you would like to participate in The Write Space, please email me at darcusmurray@hotmail.com or comment below with your email address and I'll contact you soon!  I wanna see your spaces!


No comments:

Post a Comment