Friday, October 9, 2015

Review: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Dark Lover
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brother #1
Website: www.jrward.com
*This book was given to me by a friend.*

GoodReads Summary:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.
Review:
A previous coworker of mine accidentally happened upon the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and became obsessed with it. She gave me the books and told me that I must read them.

I started Dark Lover expecting to fall into it instantly. That was no the case, however. At first I didn't really like it. I literally had to push myself through it. After a few chapters though, I got sucked into the story and didn't want to put it down. I finished the book in a day and a half, reading through commercials while my favorite tv shows were on and basically confining myself to the couch.

The only thing I really didn't like was the numbed or POV's (point of views) the story had. how many times it switched back and forth. It was important to the storyline though so I suffered through it and I really can't wait to see where the story goes from here. 


Characters: Wrath and Beth.
Rating: 4 Stars.

CODE WORD: WRATH


No comments:

Post a Comment