Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Midnight Mass by Sierra Simone

Midnight Mass (Priest, #1.5)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Midnight Mass
Author: Sierra Simone
Series: Priest #1.5
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
I borrowed this book through Kindle Unlimited.


GoodReads Synopsis:
We are told that God will punish the wicked. That sinful men will reap what they sow. We are told to scourge our souls with prayer and pain to become clean once again.
Well, here I am. Wicked and sinful. Desperate to become clean…even though it feels so good to be dirty.
But even I never expected what came next.

Even I never expected my punishment to come so soon.





Review:
I knew as soon as I finished Priest that I had to read this book next. There was no doubt about it. I had to find out what was going to happen next.

Midnight Mass begins three years after the ending of Priest and we find Poppy and Tyler (formerly Father Bell) in a bit of a rut, which I actually found kind of refreshing.  This story line felt very real to me. Even the strongest couples find themselves having troubles occasionally and everyday life can even get in the way of two people that can't seem to get enough of one another.   I enjoyed Midnight Mass because it was real and represented a realistic marriage.

I love how we got to witness the progression of Tyler and how he was learning to deal with himself after leaving the Clergy. He wanted so badly to be Godly and to do exactly what God had planned for him but he sort of lost himself along the way.  It was nice to watch him figure himself out and learn how to love and trust himself again.

Priest was definitely about a taboo subject that brought a lot of heated moments to life and I am very pleased to say that Midnight Mass is just as steamy between the sheets... and pews.

I loved it and I cannot wait to read more from Sierra Simone.

Rating: 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment