Friday, February 19, 2016

Review: Stay Out of The Basement by R.L. Stine

Stay Out of the Basement (Goosebumps, #2)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Stay Out of The Basement
Author: R.L. Stine
Series: Goosebumps #2
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback.
Website: www.rlstine.com
This book was given to me as a gift.


GoodReads Synopsis:
Dr. Brewer is doing a little plant-testing in his basement. Nothing to worry about. Harmless, really.
But Margaret and Casey Brewer are worried about their father. Especially when they... meet... some of the plants he is growing down there.
Then they notice that their father is developing plantlike tendencies. In fact, he is becoming distinctly weedy- and seedy. Is it just part of their father's 'harmless' experiment? Or has the basement turned into another little shop of horrors?



Review:
Oh, how I am loving reading these books. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to read many of them growing up but I did get to watch the show occasionally and I absolutely fell in love with Goosebumps.  Now that I'm older and can have more a say (financially) in the books that I can read, have started collecting these books and so far have amassed books 1-52, with a few duplicates. I am devouring them as quickly as I possibly can.

I remembered Stay Out of The Basement from the tv show so I was super excited to finally read this one and it did not let me down.  As I've gotten older, I have forgotten how totally creepy some of these books can get!  I loved Margaret and Casey's story because it's so insanely unsettling. Like, can you imagine being stuck in your home with one of your parents knowing that something isn't right? That's there's something strange and freaky going on in the basement below you but you can't do anything about it? Let me just say that these kids are a lot braver than I am and that they handled it a lot better than I would.

This book was well written and Mr. Brewer was freakishly awesome and scary. I would love to watch the tv show again to get a visual of all of his creepy plant hybrids, leaves, and green blood. If you're a lover of Goosebumps or are thinking of getting into the series, you definitely need to make sure this one is on your reading list!

Rating: 4 Stars.

2 comments:

  1. It is easier this way, here is the Bingo card!
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2016/01/retelling-january-16-recap-of-2015.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete