Friday, November 18, 2016

Review: Monster Blood by R.L. Stine

Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Monster Blood
Author: R.L. Stine
Series: Goosebumps #3
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback.
Website: www.rlstine.com
I received this book as a gift.

GoodReads Synopsis:
While staying with his weird great-aunt Kathryn, Evan visits a funky old toy store and buys a dusty can of monster blood, It's fun to play with at first. And Evan's dog, Trigger, likes it so much, he eats some! But then Evan notices something weird about the green slimy stuff it seems to be growing. And growing. And growing. And all that growing has given the monster blood a monstrous appetite...






Review:
I am so happy to be going through the Goosebumps series again. I didn't get to read many of them growing up and now that I have the chance, I'm finding so many amazing gems!  I cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to enjoy the creep that is Goosebumps.

Monster Blood was a great installment to the series. There was a lot of curiosity and creepiness that came along with Evan and his monster blood. His weird great-aunt Kathryn was definitely odd and left me wondering the entire time what secrets she held.

R.L. Stine is great at making you wonder how the story is going to end. He loves to write twists and this story was definitely not a disappointment in that sense. The ending of this book was such a twist that I was honestly shocked. It turned out waaay different than I thought it was going to but I loved it nonetheless.

Rating: 3 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment